Monday, July 30, 2007

What a Sight!




This is what I pulled up to last night when I got home...






I don't know if there was a storm or what, but one of the large limbs on one of the pecan trees gave out.


Then I was oh-so-rudely awakened this morning by the cold water in the shower. Evidently, the pilot light on the hot water heater went out, so a cold shower this morning it was! Luckily, I have some pretty cool friends that take care of me when Dan's out of town, and one of them loaned me her handy man to light the pilot...or she loaned me the pilot to light...anyway, thanks kdp!

7 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

Yikes! Poor tree. Was the house damaged? Cute house, by the way...

ree said...

Thankfully, no damage to the house or to Dan's car that was sitting very close!

Meems said...

Were glad to have you back. I'm sorry you had to come back to trouble.

La said...

I'm always worried about what we might be coming home to. Snakes, toilet paper all over our huge trees, a flooded house, a dead dog, etc. After my last trip I almost came home to squatters in my house. How do these people even get in???

kdp said...

you can borrow my pilot, oh i mean my pilot lighter any time you need. glad you are back. it is a little scary coming back you never know what you are going to find.

kdp said...

p.s. i glad the limb fell forwards instead of backwards!!!!!!!!!

JAC said...

So thankful things were not worse - that tree could have done some major damage. Glad to have you home!