Thursday, October 11, 2007

What a Day...or Week...or...Yeah...

Welcome to the wonderful, wild world of ree!

After my great meeting last week, I came back to work bright and early...dark and early (5:30 AM)...Monday morning to unload our freight truck. My district team leader called not too long after that and said that there has been a re-alignment in my district and region. Not really a big deal, but some people I know well are having to settle into different roles. I'm not exactly sure if I like it all, but no one asked me....SO!

Normally, we only get one freight truck a week, but this week we had the joy of getting two. So that meant today I had to be back at the store at 5:30 AM. We got the truck unloaded in record time (30 minutes), and got most of it put out the same day. While I was having lunch, my closing person called in sick.

Great.

We only have 4 keyholders. Me, L, M, and K, who is still in training. L came in with me at 5:30. K can't close by herself because, as previously stated, she is still in training. L was supposed to get off at 2, and I was supposed to get off at 4. L stayed until 2, I stayed until 6, then L came back in to close.

I couldn't finish this, so now it's actually Thursday...

I was so tired last night! I could barely keep my eyes open! Poor Dan was trying to carry on a conversation with me, and I was so tired I was talking out of my head! I think he was doing it on purpose!

At any rate, it's been a crazy week, but it's still been a good week. rw and I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago about how the week after the retreat was so hard, for whatever reason. I had such a bad attitude and I couldn't figure out why. I think it was a myriad of things all combined together since we had so much going on that week, but still, I thought, Lord, how can my attitude suck so bad when I had such an awesome time in your presence?

I'm still not sure about it all, but then Sunday at church we had such a sweet, sweet service, and even though it was great, I was scared. I didn't want to have another bad week! Kelly was telling us at lunch Sunday about a now-comical situation that at the time wasn't so comical. She said she kept saying, "I'm not gonna let this steal my joy!" So, I adopted that phrase this week. Even though it's been crazy, my attitude didn't suck! YEA!!!!

I know I've pretty much rambled through this whole thing, but maybe you can make sense out of it. All in all, it's just another day in the wonderful, wild world of ree!

4 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

management is awesome.
I am in love with the idea of a 40-hour work week right now.
It is the unattainable pot of gold at the end of that non-existent rainbow...
This is the grumpy wife of a manager.
Here's to no call-ins for ree tomorrow...
Love you!

rhondamarie said...

and what a wonderful world it is. love you

kablot spot said...

I feel your pain. Recently, the honeymoon phase of retail management was very obviously over for me... I will say that 5:30 am is ridiculous for freight!(GAG!) And twice a week!! (Double GAG with a SHUDDER!) I will say that my freight delivery guy was recently fired, so my dread of freight has been greatly reduced with the new guy. (The last one should not ever come into contact with live human beings.) Anyway, have a great next week. Thanks for talking shop. Really. It makes me feel more like I'm having normal issues in my job.

Meems said...

The "wonderful, wild world of Ree" I love it.

Isn't it amazing what a difference our attitude makes. It can be the exact same week with the same obstacles and our attitude makes it seem worlds apart.

Mine was stinky last week also. Love ya girl. I need to get in on yall's playgroups(birthday bashes) sounds like fun.