Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's Fall!!!!

The first cold front of the year has arrived!

I am at my mom and dad's near Lubbock, and it's not supposed to get out of the 50's tomorrow!!! I am so excited!

I love the fall.

I think it's because I have so many fond memories during this time of year.

I love the chilly nights at a football game...the way a cold trumpet mouthpiece warms as it begins to be played. "Dear ol' Plains High, Grand ol' Plains High..."

I love homecoming and marching band festivals.

I love bundling up for a hayride where every part of your body is warm and cozy except for your nose.

I love blowing into a cup of spiced tea or hot chocolate so that the steam rises up to defrost that cold nose.

Some of my favorite things from my favorite time of year....

3 comments:

April said...

I think you and I are secretly long lost sisters... I agree 100% with your reasons for loving this time of year. And the band memories... I probably have some of the same images in my head. I still know all the words to that song too! :) Happy Fall!

marme said...

me too!

beautiful chaos said...

OOOOOOO - I love to blow on hot, tasty beverages too!
We must be conjoined twins!
Ok - well it MAY take more in common than that...
but I wouldn't mind being conjoined with you, for the record!
I love, love, love the fall!!
Chipper is me tonight!