Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Proof is in the Pudding

First of all, let me say this...
ANGELA, THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!

Okay, now...

A few posts ago, rw was talking about big 80's hair. She said, and I quote,
"I bow down to ree as the queen of big, permed hair."

Well, when I was home, I dug out some pictures of the big, permed hair. These aren't even the worst, but take a look, anyway.

Some of you (ahem, April) have actually seen these in person and/or had it worse than me.

Go ahead and laugh...I won't be offended...I know it's bad.




Senior picture...


Sophomore picture...gotta love that hair...it's called "blow-dry it straight up while spraying with Stiff Stuff, then curl the tips and tease the snot out of it."


This was taken when I was 19 or 20...


One of our engagement pictures...this one is for the pure enjoyment of the one-sided wing. It's coming back, I know it will...and I'll be ready when it does, with my Stiff Stuff, pick, and blow dryer...a technique every woman should master.


Here's a trivia question for you...
At the end of what grade was I in when this picture was taken...6th, 7th, or 8th? (I'm the one on the end, by the way.)

12 comments:

JAC said...

Sixth grade! I think you are beautiful - lots of hair, not so much hair, some hair, short hair, long hair - all of it. You are most precious!

JAC said...

Oh yeah - Dan looks great with hair!!! But we still love him - without!

Meems said...

8th grade???

You've had some crazy times. I'll bet that hair does come back. When it does, I'll buy you a can of hairspray and you can teach me your ways.

rhondamarie said...

i'm not worthy....i'm not worthy. teach me your ways great and mighty big hair master.

marme said...

I'm guessing 7th grade. And the hairs rocks!

I'm really glad now that I was a 70s chick! Ya know, straight and flat! No hair spray!

La said...

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Thanks for the big smile you put on my face. =)

I will admit that back in the day I had some bangs (not all my hair, just bangs) that could rival yours for sure. VERY glad those days are over!

chronicler said...

I'm with marme...but I do have some pictures of classmates circa 1970 with our own version of big hair. Never did figure out how they did it.

beautiful chaos said...

I totally stopped and went to the bathroom.
Thanks. When I came back, it was a laughing frenzy to rival any I've had...
Your hair was TREMENDOUS!!!

OK - I guess 7th grade.
That would still leave you two to three years of practice to reach new heights with the hair.

kablot spot said...

I can't get over Dan with hair. That is freaking hysterical! He looks younger bald than he did however long ago with hair. The big hair is very A/G, by the way.

Dawn said...

This is great!!! I think I had some of those poofy bangs myself. I remember cause it was Felicia Nichol that taught me how to do the hairspray, blow dryer thing. I use to fix my daughters hair up too! She probably still holds it against me!! We thought we were beautiful at the time.....Well, you are, of course beautiful - no matter what!!

April said...

AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Now those were the days there sister! You had some of the very best hair in school... we were all envious! And your detailed play by play of how it's styled brings back memories. I remember being afraid to brush mine out for fear it would break off! :) I'll be ready when it comes back too... just you wait! All you smooth, straight haired girls better WATCH OUT!

Sarah P. Henry said...

the one-sided wing is my favorite. HA!