Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thinkin' About my Dad

Yes, I'm a Daddy's girl.

I'm a little blue because he's having surgery tomorrow in Amarillo, and I will not be there. It's "only" a knee replacement surgery, but surgery nonetheless.

We talked about it last week, and he and I came to the conclusion that it would be better if I came to their house and stay for a few days after he was out of the hospital. My mom has only been out of the sling from when she broke her arm for a couple of weeks, so her arm is still pretty weak. If I went to the hospital for the surgery, I wouldn't have any time left to take off when he gets home and there's no nursing staff to help out.

I know this is the best way, but it still makes me sad, though.



4 comments:

Meems said...

He looks so very loving and kind. Just like a daddy should look.

I pray that God will protect him during the surgery and after.

rhondamarie said...

i'll be praying. love you girl.

La said...

I can see the resemblance! =)

beautiful chaos said...

How'd it go? (the surgery)
I've been praying for them...