Friday, October 19, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Okay, kablot spot, this is for you!!!

Seven things you never knew about me and now wish you didn't. Or as you put it...Seven strange/weird/crazy things about me:

1. I have one green eye and one blue eye. This is more or less noticeable with things I wear or the type of light I'm in...or how intently you are staring into my eyes! =) I can't tell you how many conversations I've been in where all of a sudden the person whose talking stops mid-sentence and says, "Did you know your eyes are different colors?" As if I've never looked in a mirror for the last thirty-something years!

2. One of my childhood fears was that the rapture would take place and I would be left behind. This was because, of course, I had convinced myself I had committed the impardonable sin. I would wake up in the middle of the night, and if I could not hear my parents snoring, I would tiptoe through the house to make sure they were still there. It was bad. One time I came home and all the cars were in the driveway, but the house was empty. I was so scared. I laid down on the couch and bawled and prayed. My mom and sister walked in about five minutes later. They had walked around the corner to the little store. Mom said, "Did you think we left you?" I said yes, but I couldn't bear to tell her what I really thought. This was back before cell phones, you know, so if no one was home and I was really scared that I had been left, I would call people to talk to them, because you know if Sister Johnnie answered the phone, you were okay. I was probably about 16 before I got over that fear.

3. I wanted to be Sandi Patty when I was a teenager. Or Whitney Houston.

4. Random songs go through my head at inappropriate times. A conversation or a situation or just a word can trigger songs in the jukebox in my head. Random. Sometimes I have to physically restrain myself from busting out in song.

5. I love gum. I love popping bubbles inside my mouth behind my teeth (weird, I know). It sounds like I'm chomping ice. It gets on Dan's last nerve, especially when we are in church.

6. One of the great things about living beside the church as a preacher's kid was all access to the sound system. I can't tell you how many hours I spent practicing my sound tracks and listening to songs I wished were on sound track over and over and over again until I got it "just right". As right as it can be when your 14. Even still, when I go to Mom and Dad's, I just walk over to the church to practice my song for the service (because everyone expects a song when you come home, don't you know).

7. I put Ex-Lax in my French teacher's brownies my senior year of high school.


Okay...I tag rw and crys!!!!!

10 comments:

kdp said...

i think that is hilarious!!!!!!!!

kj said...

omg, this was so fun to read!

you're hilarious!

so...you were on of THOSE preacher's kids?

(ex-lax in the brownies...geez...)

rhondamarie said...

i love number 7. i'll remember to never eat your brownies.

April said...

Wow. I thought I was the only PK with the fear of being "left behind!" I used to freak out about that too! :)

Poor Mr. Banfield. No wonder he was the way he was!!! :)

Meems said...

I related to several of those.

Ex-lax? HEHEHE

Nanna's Place said...

I always feared I'd be left behind also.....why is that?

Sarah P. Henry said...

i didn't have any concept of the rapture until five years ago, i don't think.

i don't think ya'll would want to hear my Top 7.

Let's just say, ex lax is mild...

:)

beautiful chaos said...

I will never eat your brownies.
I hear you have thumbs in you fried pies too...

JAC said...

You are a hoot! This has been such fun reading about all my weird/crazy/wild blogging friends!

Anonymous said...

that was funny
toni