Thursday, August 23, 2007

Strangely Peaceful

What a week this has been!

Monday-Funeral...nuf said.

Tuesday-Went with my dad to the nursing home to see my Pa. I ended up crying when we left because I didn't expect it to be that hard! I told my dad after we left that I just kept wanting to hear him talk...his mannerisms, his phrasing, his raspy voice...it didn't matter to me that nothing he said made sense or applied to us. He was still there, talking to me even if he didn't know me.

Something is wrong with Rosie...she didn't seem like herself.

Came home and had coffee with some really great people.

Wednesday-Dan lost his job. After initially talking with his boss Saturday after we found out Granny had passed away, Dan had called Sunday and left a message of when the funeral was going to be and when he'd be back. They said they never got the message. He was fired for job abandonment. There are no words...

Rosie is still not well. She has to be in my lap and just lays there. She keeps yelping sparadically. I think she may be having seizures.

Thursday-I am awakened to the continuous, painful yelping of Rosie at 5:17 AM. She finally calmed down a few minutes later. We prayed for her (seriously). This happened a couple more times. Dan took her to the vet later on this morning. Evidently, her shoulder is broken and arthritis has set in. They gave her pain medicine that should help. We have to take her back next week.

I went back to work today. It went well.

To sum it all up: Not the greatest week I've ever had, but I know the Lord is in control, and somehow I feel.....

Strangely Peaceful.

9 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

I just wanna cry for you.
How unfair it all seems...
I wrote down a thought at church on Wednesday night, thinking it might help me. It has. Maybe it will help you too.
Pastor was teaching from Job.
Here's the thought:
It is better to know God than to know all the answers.
I am praying for grace.
Love you guys...

Sarah P. Henry said...

if your peace is not a testimony to the power of God...i just don't know. man, ree, that's a rough stinkin' week. i'm praying a lot.

marme said...

yes my friend He is.

He's working everything out.

preparing the way.

La said...

Wow. What a tough place to be in and what a perfect attitude and outlook you have in spite of it. Prayers will go up for you guys.......

kdp said...

i am praying for ya'll and am here for you. feel me giving you a great big hug and telling you that everything will be ok. God does have everything in control. He sees your tomorrows before they happen.

i pray His peace continues and gets stronger with every passing day.

I will guard and keep those in perfect and constant peace whose mind is stayed on Me, for those who dedicate themselves to me, lean on me, and constantly hope in Me.
Isaiah 26:3

kablot spot said...

I often sing a song that I learned since I've lived here, especially in times of hardship. It has been my meditation for almost a year and I am thinking about it now as I read your blog.

You Are Good by Kari Jobe

Your kindness leads me to repentance.
Your goodness draws me to your side.
Your mercy calls me to be like you.
Your favor is my delight.

Every day I'll awaken my praise and pour out a song from my heart.

You are Good.
You are Good.
Your mercy is forever.
You are Good.
You are Good.
Your mercy is forever.

here is a youtube link of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8VR6ld5c-4

Meems said...

Rest in His peace. He is a faithful God. He is bigger than our situations.

I am so sorry. I will add you to my prayer list.

Nanna's Place said...

God is faithful and He will put Dan where he needs to be. They don't know it yet, but they lost a "great" employee. I am so thankful that the God we serve sees the beginning from the end and that He is still in control of our situations. I am praying for you guys. Love you bunches

Jessica, Joel, Elijah and Ameira said...

Sorry to hear about all your struggles! You'll be in our prayers!