Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm Officially Old

On our daily communication sheet at work we have this little section of fun facts. The other day I was going over the communication with one of my younger team members. The fun fact for that day was something like this:

"Harry Anderson, Cindy Crawford and Weird Al Yankovic were all valedictorians of their high school class."

Cindy Crawford was the only familiar name to my young friend.

Sad.

Then I made it worse.

"You know...Weird Al...he would make up different words to popular songs. Remember Michael Jackson's song "Beat It"?

"Maybe if I heard it."

Yes, I did.

The only problem was that I could only remember "Just beat it, beat it....duh di duh di duh di duh duh...."

Of course if it was a hymn, I would have known all five verses and the chorus.

Jeez...no wonder I wasn't popular in high school.

1 comment:

kdp said...

hey are you sure it is because your old? i thought it was because we drink to much diet soda? yes!!!!!!!!! i choose to think that. hey girl i wanted to let you know the name of my blogspot. i had to change servers. and i was telling you the wrong name. mine is ksgreatadventures.blogspot.com so come and stop on by.
love ya gal