Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Difference a Year Makes


This picture was taken on April 29, 2006, at Granny and Pa's 65th wedding anniversary celebration.


They were surrounded by their 3 children, 4 out of 5 grandchildren, 2 great-grandchildren, and a host of other family members and friends.


A very special day indeed.


It's amazing the events that can happen in a year's time to change the course of your life to where it will never be the same as it once was.


There are changes that happen physically...like the fact that my hair has changed colors a couple of times since then (current color being salt and pepper, I might add). And changes that happen in ways that you cannot see, such as the fact that in this picture my Pa knew who I was.


But I love the old song "Great is Thy Faithfulness" because it talks about what Pastor was explaining this morning about God never changing:


Great is Thy faithfulness, oh God, my Father.

There is no shadow of turning with Thee.

Thou changest not; Thy compassions they fail not.

As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.


Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,

Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above

Join with all nature in manifold witness

To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.


Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth.

Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide.

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside.


Great is Thy faithfulness!

Great is Thy faithfulness!

Morning by morning, new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

No comments: