Thursday, June 21, 2007

All in a Day's Work











I have the most awesome team in the whole world...seriously! We've literally moved our store around twice in two and a half days. Here's what happened...

We get our freight truck on Monday's at 6AM (not so much fun). It was a fairly light truck this week...171 boxes. It took about 30 minutes to unload it, then we began unboxing. Most of the time I have almost everything planned to where it's going to go, and sometimes that means we have to move things around to make room for the new stuff...such was the case this week. We began moving things around. We are about halfway through moving everything according to plan when I got "the call" from my district team leader who basically said, "Don't move the clocks to the wall as directed because they are selling well where they are...we'll talk about it on the conference call and I'll probably be in San Angelo tomorrow."

Okay, team, stop what you're doing; I have to come up with Plan B.

So, I come up with Plan B, and we began moves again.

Mike (DTL) comes Tuesday morning and we go through our normal routine of meet and greet with the team, and, by the way, he has a conference call in about thirty minutes that he has to be on. He comes out of his conference call and says, "Okay, you ready to do some moves?"

Are you kidding me?

Evidently, the company decided to put the world on sale, so we had to get it all together.

It ended up looking really good, and my team rallied. We really did have a good attitude about it all (even though it doesn't sound like it here), and I think we'll have some really good results from it. But we had everything done by about 4 PM today(Wednesday), and I couldn't have done it without my awesome team!!!

Here are some of the fruits of our labor...

(By the way, we ARE really having a great sale at Kirkland's, so you should come by!)

3 comments:

Meems said...

Did you just say sale. Do not be surprised to see my face in your store.

ree said...

Disclaimer:

Not responsible for any addictions incurred while shopping at the most affordable yet beautiful store in the world.
:)

crys said...

nice plug!