Sunday, September 28, 2008

update

Since my last blog, Dan and I have been praying that as we take steps forward, the Lord would open doors for us to walk through or close them.

At this time, it looks like the doors are being firmly closed.

Please continue to pray for this little girl (she's actually 19 months old, instead of 15 months, as I had previously posted). There's a very slight possibility that it could still happen, but I don't expect it to.

We were supposed to meet with the foster family tomorrow night, but that will not happen. I could go on about the reasons why and how I feel about them, but it would all be for naught.

Thank you for your prayers. I'll let you know if anything changes.

2 comments:

April said...

I pray that God gives you peace in your decision. Loving you... XO

kablot spot said...

There have been so many times I have sought an answer to the question: Why are you making me wait? What can I do to speed up the plan? I have to remind myself on those really hard, lonely days that His plan is TRULY perfect and so is His timing. He reminds me in subtle and not-so-subtle ways what it would mean to my life to override Him and do it myself on my terms. May He do that for you with every closed door, so you will know you are still in His plan. I pray your path would be doused in the destiny and direction of God, unmistakable and unwavering.