Monday, September 8, 2008

my new friend


This is my new friend Grace.

Her mommy and daddy are the youth pastors at the church we go to when we are not out and about. She has an older brother Jordan and a twin brother Gavin.

Last night she was sitting in the lap of the music pastor's wife until her daughter could not understand why her mommy had this other little girl sitting in her lap and began pushing her off. So she got down and walked over to me with her arms up. I picked her up and that's where she stayed until shortly after this picture was taken.

Someone had left an empty Whataburger bag somewhere in the foyer. Being the good youth pastor's son that he is, Jordan found it and brought it over to his mom (instead, of course, putting it in the trash can). She sat it beside her for a moment. A split second later, Grace looks at me and has that almost-cry-look on her face that says she wants down. I put her down and watched her make a bee-line for that Whataburger bag.

I got trumped by a Whataburger bag.

A girl after my own heart.

No comments: