Sunday, August 10, 2008

We're Home!

We got home from North Carolina at midnight!

We left Charlotte around 4:30 yesterday afternoon and flew to Chicago for our connecting flight to Dallas, which was delayed over an hour. We were supposed to get in around 10:30, but finally got in around midnight.

We had such a good time, even though this year was a little different than some of the past years. Not really in a bad way, just...different. North Texas district represented well, coming away with eight Awards of Merit. I think we ended up having over 30 entries in the top ten amongst all of the categories! Our students are extremely talented!!!

I wasn't able to get a whole lot of pictures because we were working 90 percent of the time, but here are a few!



Dan, Kat, and Jimmy at Christian Band callbacks


Lots of people at the Celebration service!!!


The merit winning worship band from Reading, PA.
They cleaned up the music category this year!


Dan and I leaving the Celebration service

4 comments:

kdp said...

I am glad you are back. I love the new background. I am excited to see you tonight. It will be great to see you.I bet the services were awesome.

JAC said...

Like you background! Colorful - I like. I'm happy you are back in TX - if you were home, you WOULD BE HERE IN SA! Love you and really miss your beautiful smiles.

Missy said...

im glad you made it home safely!

Nanna's Place said...

Miss you guys....glad your back and it sounds like things went well. Love you