Thursday, November 22, 2007

Y'all Just Go Ahead and be Jealous...

I GOT SNOW ON THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Dan and I got to Mom and Dad's Wednesday night, and when we got up T-Day, it was snowing! It continued all day...big flakes that stuck to the ground! You know, sometimes it snows and the ground is too warm, it just melts and doesn't accumulate. Not today...we got about 3-4 inches!

We had a really wonderful day. We got to bring my Pa home from the nursing home for lunch. To say he enjoyed it is an understatement. He was going to town on the home cooking! He had pumpkin AND pecan pie for dessert, and when someone asked him if it was good, he said, "Yeah, boooyyyy!!!!" It was so cute!

My dad's sister, brother, and his wife were there, and as we sat around the table we began talking about old stories from when they were kids. Pa just sat there and listened with a big smile on his face. I wish he could have told us what he was thinking...I'm sure he had some stories of his own about us all!

It was a great day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! I am so thankful for each one of you. You all play such different yet vital roles in my life. I am blessed beyond measure. My cup runs over.

Thank you, Jesus, for all the blessings in my life. You are so good to me.

7 comments:

JAC said...

You are a blessing to me! Love you.

chronicler said...

Well, no jealousy here! I come from the East Coast, where winter and snow are a foregone conclusion. That's why I live in Texas! Here today, gone in 6 hours instead of 6 weeks! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

rhondamarie said...

and i love you too and am so thankful for you in my life. you are a blessing to me.

Dawn said...

Well, we didn't get any snow but that would be a blessing for me. Grew up in Oklahoma where we had plenty of the stuff and I prefer warm, sunny days! BUT I am thankful that you got to enjoy the snow! Love you!

beautiful chaos said...

Love you ree - your Thanksgiving memories are so sweet!
I am thankful for you!

marme said...

Happy your T-Day was full of thankfulness and precious moments made! I love you dearly.

Meems said...

I'm so glad you had such a great thanksgiving. Your a blessed and awesome women.