Saturday, November 17, 2007

Random Thoughts

* I didn't get everything done that I wanted to on this, my last Saturday off. My wonderful nap won out!

* Nap or not, I'm posting this while doing laundry.

* I love wireless internet.

* I'm not holding my breath, but Tech is ahead of OU right now. Go Red Raiders!

* Not that I'm a wing connesseur (?) or anything, but I think Wing Stop is better than Buffalo Wild Wings.

* We have such talented, creative women in our church. Did you know that? Crys's shower today was so nice with such cute things and great food...even a craft project! Great job ladies!!!

* I got some baby-love at the shower today...thanks Ellie and Grant! Thanks, s and j for letting me love on your cuties! And that Jacob was a little ham today. He was cheesing it up for those pictures...so adorable!

* Pictures don't do a's house justice. It looks great! You did an amazing job! I need more of your patience and attention to the details! Loved your kitchen stuff, by the way! ;)

* On a more serious note, say a prayer for Dan. He hadn't been feeling well this week and went to the doctor on Thursday. It looks like he has fluid around his heart, so they changed his blood pressure medication to one that has a water pill mixed in with it. They are going to see if that helps. He started taking it on Thursday evening, and he goes back to the doctor Monday to see if there's been any progress. Pray the medication is doing what it needs to do.

* This week kicks off the first of many 6-day work weeks I will have through the holidays. We are required to work six days the week of Thanksgiving (T-Day being our day off), then six days every other week until Christmas. That's the requirement, but if the workload is such that we have to work six days the other weeks, as well, then we are encouraged to do so. The point is this: keep posting because it's likely that seeing you all will be sparatic until after Christmas!

* That's about it for now. The laundry is calling my name....

5 comments:

kablot spot said...

Power to the Retail Girls!! Makin' money off the masses of crazies... No one here on this blog, of course. ;)

beautiful chaos said...

I am sorry your to-do list turned into a 'to-didn't' list...
Welcome to my life!
I am also sorry that people like me cause your holidays to be less than memorable. I will try to keep you and kablot in the forefront of my mind while I shop my sorrows away this holiday season!!
Maybe you'll get some five day weeks in there.
If not, I'll just have to pay you a visit to get some ree time!

Meems said...

Yes, Ree time is the only reason I will be in your store.

I wouldn't dream of coming into shop while you work;)

Sarah P. Henry said...

no problem holding ellie. she loves to be held by anyone. and it seems she especially loves you and dan.

and speaking of dan, i'm still praying. post something an update for us from mondays appointment...

kj said...

it was wonderful seeing you at the shower! thanks so much for coming! i know your presence was very much appreciated!

aren't those babies the sweetest things? love 'em!

here's a though-this 6 day work week stint, may be your last one...ever. ;)

love you!