Monday, November 5, 2007

Please Say a Prayer...

My dad hasn't been feeling well the past few days. He has gotten really weak when he stands up. Yesterday, he got up to preach and started feeling so bad he had to sit down to preach. I've never seen him do that. Mom said she knew something was wrong when his words started slurring.
They went to the VA clinic in Lubbock this morning, and through a series of tests, they found that his cardiac enzymes were "elevated" and strongly suggested he go to the emergency room. They went ahead and went to the VA hospital in Amarillo, where they continued some testing and put him in ICU. The doctor said his cardiac enzymes were extremely high and that if he hadn't already had a heart attack, he was well on his way to having one.
I think that they have him in ICU, not because, necessarily, that he is so critical, but so that they can monitor him and analyze what is the problem and how they will take care of it. I debated on whether I should go up there or what, but I think I'm going to wait and find out more information over the next day or two and see what happens.
Thank you for your prayers...I'll keep you "posted".

9 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

Gracious Heavenly Father, I ask that you would pour Your peace over ree. Thank you for placing her daddy in knowledgeable hands. Also, thank you for the warning signs that may well have saved this precious life. We know that you are the great physician, I ask that you would touch his body and make it whole. I pray for answers to questions, pleasing test results, and strength to this body, in Jesus' name.

April said...

My prayers are with you always. Keep us posted. Love you!

JAC said...

Praying with you and for you all.

Dawn said...

I am so sorry he is having to go through this! We will be praying. Please let us know how things are going!

rhondamarie said...

praying

chronicler said...

Father, I come in agreement with beautiful chaos...thank You for answers when we don't even know what questions to ask.

Praying, ree

kablot spot said...

Peace be on you.

kablot spot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meems said...

We are praying.