Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Update on Dad

Thank you for your prayers.

Dad is doing pretty well. His cardiac enzymes have decreased. The doctor thinks that he had the attack on Sunday. Right now he is still in ICU. They are going to do an ultrasound on his galbladder tomorrow to follow up on some backpain he was having, but other than that it is unclear what they are going to do next. There was talk about them doing a heart cath, but that's all I know right now. Dad is in good spirits, though. My sister said he is being his ornery (onery?) self, so that's good. He's just bored to tears.

This is a funny story for you...

When mom and dad went to the clinic in Lubbock Monday, they had no idea they would be going to Amarillo for an undetermined amount of time, so they had nothing...no overnight bag, change of clothes, or anything. So, Monday night my sister drove to my parents' house to pick some things up to take to them today. While my sister was there, she was talking with my aunt, who is staying at my parents' house.

A little background info: My dad, his sister Colene, and brother Roscoe, were all raised in a Christian home and went in the military when they were young adults. While I'm sure they all sowed some wild oats, my dad is the only one who came back to a full relationship with the Lord. He was in law enforcement for 16 years before surrendering to full time ministry, already married with two girls.

Now, back to the story, already in progress...

Colene was telling Stacy about how she had called Roscoe about Dad being in the hospital, the incident on Sunday, and all the details.

Roscoe: That happened on Sunday?
Colene: Yes.
Roscoe: While he was preaching?
Colene: Yes.
Roscoe: Did Judy (my mom) tell you about what happened?
Colene: No, I saw it.
Roscoe: You were there?
Colene: Yes.
Roscoe: At church?
Colene: Yes.
Pause
Roscoe: Well, Colene, that's why he had the heart attack!

I know, I know...I got it honest.
I come from smarty-pants-people.

2 comments:

JAC said...

Will continue praying!

kablot spot said...

That's hysterical!