Sunday, November 25, 2007

Update on Things

Sorry it took so long to post an update...

Dan is doing a lot better! It was not fluid around his heart, just extra fluid in general. The doctor changed up his medicine a bit more, and it has made a world of difference. His blood pressure has been normal the past few days, and his headaches have subsided.

Thank you for your prayers!

With all of this going on, it has really made me think about the near future. Leaving Kirkland's means losing our health insurance, and if you have seen prices on prescription medicine, you know what a new set of problems that creates.

So, my prayer since the whole beginning of the development of our ministry has been for the Lord to open doors that needed to be opened and close the ones that needed to be closed.

I hadn't planned on giving my notice until the end of December, so my district manager hasn't known anything of our plans. Long story short, he was in my store this week and asked me if I would consider moving to one of the stores in Arlington. Evidently, the manager there gave her notice and yesterday was her last day. He asked if my assistant was ready for my store, so I told him she would be after the holidays. He said that was fine because he wouldn't make any changes until January. I told him that this would be something I would consider.

I called Dan as soon as he left to ask him what he thought. He didn't say no, you're leaving at the end of January. He'd been praying, too.

I don't know anything concrete yet. I'm sure that I'll know more after Christmas. By the way, this doesn't change anything about our ministry. It is still in the works. It will just be a little different than what we first thought.

So...I'm asking for prayer once again. We want to be in the will of the Lord.

Thanks, friends.

6 comments:

Meems said...

praying. Love you guys.

Sarah P. Henry said...

didn't you guys plan to go toward dallas with the ministry? that might be something to get you through the early days, though i personally don't want you to leave... :(

i'm praying though. hard.

April said...

Girl, God works. Period. We're praying for you guys and although we don't look forward to seeing you go anywhere, God will always keep us close! He will allow you and Dan's ministry to prosper and will provide for you every step of the way... even if it still includes Kirklands!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Love you!

kdp said...

praying .... always praying for you. love ya,
kimmie

kablot spot said...

Well, at least you know that this area is the right one and that you didn't conjure up the location... in case there was any doubt.

JAC said...

Certainly will be praying - although I'm inclined to be quite selfish and you know I just might be praying that you don't leave SA. I just might!!! You never know about me, do you? Love you so much!