Monday, December 22, 2008

i just had the weirdest phone conversation with my sister-in-law...

My phone rings, and my sister-in-law is on the other end asking me how I make my green bean bundles that I will be making for Christmas.

I start telling her how to put them together, and she says, "Wait, hang on....okay, can you hear me?....okay, now say that again."

So I say it again and continue. When I'm finished, it becomes apparent that I was put on speaker phone because I hear several people talking in the background confirming what I had said.

Robin gets back on the phone, and I asked her where she was at.

WalMart.

Evidently, my sister-in-law struck up a conversation with several women in the produce department about Christmas dinner.

I do believe I have influenced some strangers' meals.

Hope they enjoy it!

Just in case you are interested...

Green Bean Bundles

Take a handful of fresh green beans (the loose ones in the produce department)
Wrap a piece of uncooked bacon around the bundle
Place in a baking dish, repeat until dish is full
Place a pat of butter on each bundle
Salt and Pepper
Sprinkle brown sugar over bundles, covering bottom of dish

Bake at 325 for one hour; 30 minutes covered, 30 minutes uncovered.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Meems said...

That sounds wonderful. I will most certainly be cooking that soon.