Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today is Christmas Eve, but it is also my dad's birthday.

I am unashamedly a Daddy's girl. Always have been.

When I was born, my dad was captain of the police force in Snyder, TX. When I was three, he gave up his job and moved us to Waxahachie so that he could go to Southwestern. He went to class during the day and worked the night shift as a policeman to make ends meet. Don't ask me when he slept. After he graduated, he went into the ministry full time.

I'm so thankful that I have parental influences in my life that have sacrificed for the high calling of Christ. I'm sure my parents would have been better off financially if Dad had stayed on the police force, but not necessarily better taken care of...or happier. This is Dad's 30th year in ministry.

I love you, Dad. You are my hero.
Love,
Treesie-girl

No comments: