Friday, March 21, 2008

The Weekend Off!!!

*I slept in until 10 this morning...it was ssoooooo nice!

*After some biscuits and gravy, Dan and I worked outside for a little while. Then I cleaned house and Dan cleaned out the storage bin.

*My mom and neice came into town. It's Katie's spring break, so we're taking her to Six Flags tomorrow, then a Flyleaf concert tomorrow night. She knew she was going Six Flags, but the Flyleaf concert was a surprise for her birthday. (Don't feel bad if you don't know who Flyleaf is...they are wonderful people, but they are probably not on any of your playlists!) :)

*We went shopping for Katie an Easter dress. Her cousin Shauni, who is also 15, went with us. I was put in the same category as my mom and aunt...old. One dress I showed Katie got a snarl and shake of the head. The other outfit I picked out was semi-approved...she liked the skirt, but the top was "nerdy". So she started trying on outfits that she and Shauni picked out. At one point I went back to the fitting room to see how things were going. Katie was admiring herself in the mirror wearing the very dress I held up and got snarled at! It was pretty funny. We really did have a great time today with the girls. In the end, she got the skirt I had picked out with a tee and a tank underneath.

*The day was rounded out by lasagne and a movie at my aunt's house with ice cream for dessert.

*I don't know why I am still up. Tomorrow...um, today...will be a long day. But, oh, so worth it. The only good thing about not having kids right now is that I get to do cool things for Katie. She has had a lot of hard times in her 15 years, so she is deserving of something fun!

*Okay, it's off to bed I go!

2 comments:

Meems said...

Stop it with the food! Your making me want some biscuits and gravy.

I'm glad you had such an amazing day.

beautiful chaos said...

I walked into the sanctuary yesterday and saw the back of your head. I rushed down the aisle to hug you and it wasn't you.
AWKWARD!
Man, I miss you bunches!