Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thanks!

Thank you for your prayers today.

I did what I had to do and said what I needed to say to present my case. It was very well received, but didn't exactly go in my favor.

Okay, I'll just spill it. I'm not good at being vague.

Dan and I are considering the lapband surgery. My insurance company covers it, but my employer has chosen to exclude it as an option in the plan they offer. I had to call human resources today to see if they would consider granting a medical exception so that the insurance would cover it. They didn't exactly agree, but they gave me the number to appeal it to the insurance company. So now, basically, our doctor will have to present his case in writing to the insurance company.

I just found it really hard to ask for them to make an exception to the rule for my benefit. This is something that I really want, but I don't like to feel like I'm putting anyone else in a bad position or putting them out for whatever reason.

I would appreciate continued prayer for the situation. I'm 35. Time is ticking if we want a baby. The clomid did not work, and honestly, I don't think it will until I lose a significant amount of weight. And when that happens, I may not even need the clomid.

I don't know. I'm babbling. I'm grasping. I just know I gotta do something.

5 comments:

kablot spot said...

Well, that's great that your insurance company does pay for it. You'll stand a greater chance of your employer allowing it. It is so much cheaper than the bypass and so much safer, particularly once you get pregnant since it can be adjusted.

kdp said...

i will pray. i hope everything goes your way.

kimmie

Meems said...

Lord please let your hand be on this situation....praying.

crys said...

praying for you...

Sarah P. Henry said...

oh, ree. i am most certainly praying. i know the Lord has plans for your family, and i know they will be accomplished. i'm praying things go quickly and smoothly.