Sunday, March 30, 2008

and so goes the world of ree...

Just some random things to blog about.

*My assistant has been out on worker's comp since 3/16. I thought she was going to be back this week, but her doctor is on vacation, so she has to wait until he's back so he can release her.

*I can't believe how expensive groceries are! Seriously, I can pinch pennies. There are very few things that I buy name brand, and still I did not leave the grocery store without spending over $100!!! I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but looking at what was in my basket, I didn't think it was a lot!

*I had an episode last week that landed me in the cardiologist office. Thankfully, it's not a big deal, but I have to go through some testing later this week to get cleared. I wasn't having chest pain or anything, but I kept feeling a flip-flop sensation in my chest. There are some times where I have an irregular heartbeat, so I'll have a stress test and then wear a halter monitor for a day just to be sure it's random and not something more serious. Thank you, Jesus, for insurance.

*Fine Arts is in full swing. Dan has already sent out letters to evaluators and getting the ball rolling there. We have a few dates scheduled for workshops with youth groups, and we are going to West TX to help evaluate their district Fine Arts in April. We were invited to evaluate at the Illinois district the weekend after West TX, but I won't be able to go to that one. I think Dan's planning on going, though. It's always stressful, but I love Fine Arts!

*Last week was a great time with family. We spent Easter with some of my family, then throughout the week, we've spent time with Dan's family who live in the area. One of his aunts was visiting from Oklahoma, so we took this opportunity to have a little get together. It's been great!

*Tomorrow is my Pa's 97th birthday! I'm so thankful I still have him. I love to hear him talk, even though what he says may not make sense to me. I love the gentle raspiness of his voice...always kind, considerate, and appreciative.
I love you, Pa! Happy birthday!!

I guess that's about it for now...it's time for bed!

9 comments:

Nanna's Place said...

Ree, I'm going private.....send me your e-mail address so I can add you to my list. Miss you

JAC said...

I MISS you!!!

rhondamarie said...

maybe your heart was doing flip-flops cause you were thinkin' about dan. i miss you and i'll be praying.

kdp said...

i am so glad that you are ok. i can't wait to see you again. i will be up there this friday. if i knew the area better i would venture up that way, but i am stepping out in faith just going up there by myself. david may get to go up there with me and then he might not. we never know with his schedule.

love ya, kimmie

kj said...

i just love you and miss you, that's all...

kablot spot said...

Well, I think having your assistant out on workman's comp is enough to make your heart miss a few beats... stress is probably all it is.

beautiful chaos said...

Ewwww... how very scary!
I hate it when my heart skips and thumps wildly. It usually happens when I'm under too much stress or I drink a whole pot of coffee. :)

I hope your test comes back with a great result and your ticker is strong!!
Love you.
(Just a thought: maybe they'll tell you it was just a baby kicking...)

beautiful chaos said...

I have tried to comment on your blog several times - but I can't.
Why??????
I can't figure it out!!

beautiful chaos said...

OH! I think I just figured it out...
hehehe