Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Sacrifice of Thanks

Yes, I meant to say thanks instead of praise.

I was spending quiet time with the Lord this morning (btw, la, thanks for introducing us to the fragrant offering song, seriously!), and I was looking for a particular scripture. In the process, I read this one:
Psalm 50:14-15
Sacrifice thank offerings to God to fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.

The second scripture I read was this one:
Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

I wrote these scriptures down in my journal, and the Lord told me to write down my needs as well, and begin thanking him for them. So I did. I wrote down all the pressing needs that we have and began to thank him because in this there is a two-fold outcome:
He will deliver us.
He will be honored.

I pour my vial of worship over you...

No comments: