Tuesday, September 11, 2007

...parting is such sweet sorrow.....

Going through our things and separating between trash, garage sale, storage, and trailer has really made the reality sink in.
I'm completely fine with it all, but packing up some of my treasures has made me a little sad.
I had a quilt rack in my guest room that had special quilts on it, like mine and Dan's baby quilts, and quilts our family members had made. I put them away in my trunk, ready to go into storage.
Among them was the quilt I made about six years ago for our baby. I had mixed feelings about packing it away, but (silly, I know) with a sandwich hug from Dan and me, I tucked it away between our own baby quilts, assured that it will not be long before I go and retrieve it to await the arrival of our little one.....one day.
I'm really excited about this new chapter in our lives, but with some things.....parting is such sweet sorrow...


The second baby quilt I ever made. The first was for my best friend's first baby 10 years ago.


Tucked away between my baby blanket (left) and Dan's baby blanket (right).

7 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

You're a treasure!

beautiful chaos said...

And by the way, that quilt is awesome!!!
If only I had known how very talented you are BEFORE...
Now you only have 3 short months to make it up to me... heheheh

Meems said...

You really are so very talented. Those quilts are wonderful.

Don't think I am not watching your every move....in awe that you have the guts(the faith). Questioning when we will take our leap. Your paving the way, my friend.

ree said...

Well, quite honestly, my parents aren't very excited about me leaving my job for the unknown, selling everything, and moving into a trailer. That's been hard. Dan and I are on the same page now, where in the past we haven't been. It's difficult knowing that they aren't happy, but it would be a lot harder if we weren't in agreement, you know?

D & I had to laugh today because we were pulling out of a parking lot and saw a beat up old pick up with a camper covering the bed. A sorry sight, to tell you the truth. At the same time, we both said we wished we had the camera so that we could take a picture and send it to my parents to proudly show them our new home!

We're so bad....

April said...

I love you! You know what's probably gonna happen? As soon as you guys move into that trailer, you'll get pregnant! But hey, if that's the way God wants it, it's certainly doable! BTW, sending a pic of that truck to your parents would have been classic! I can just see them now! :)

rhondamarie said...

awww, squirts favorite baby blanket was one i got several years before she was born. with each prenancy i would pull it out and with each miscarriage tuck it away. one day your quilt will be out for good, just like squirts.

kdp said...

you never cease to amaze me with all of your talents.

one of my sisters gave me a beautiful noah's ark blanket when i was trying to have a baby. i remember tucking it away wondering if it would ever come out again.

just like i pulled mine out, you will pull yours out again.