Thursday, September 6, 2007

Changes

I mean, serious changes!
I've started to blog about this several times, but here it goes!
For the last year or more we have been struggling with what we really felt like we were called to do. Both of us were called to the ministry as teenagers, and have been in the ministry for part of our married life, but for one reason or another, long story, we've opted out.
Slowly but surely, God has been drawing us back and giving us glimpses of what our ministry should be. The area we have struggled with the most is just the overwhelming realization of the mistakes we've made in the past and the shortcomings we see in ourselves. I'll be honest, I have trust issues. Some of you know that already from past conversations. The Lord has brought me a long way, but I'm not complete yet.
Regardless, we are taking the plunge.
The first step is cutting our expenses and saving some money. So, we are having a huge garage sale on the 15th, selling most of what we have. Some things will go in storage, but everything else must go. We gave notice to our landlord this month. We are moving out of our house and into a 34 foot bumper-pull trailer.
You can get up off the floor now. Sorry, I should have given you some warning.
Step two is a little higher up on the trust scale. I will be giving my notice to my job somewhere around December to leave at the end of that quarter, the end of our fiscal year, the end of January.
Step three is basing out of the Dallas area, probably still living in the trailer, since it will keep our expenses down. Hopefully, we can work during the week, then we will travel on the weekends to different churches. Our ministry is called Ready Now Ministries, and that pretty much sums it all up. Hopefully when you hear the song on my blog, or anywhere else, for that matter, you will think of us and pray. It really is our heart.
I wanted to let my blogging family know what was going on because I really covet your prayers. We are so excited about this! There really is so much more than I can write at this time. God has already provided and orchestrated so much it is unreal, like the camper, so I know that He can provide the rest, like a truck to pull it with! =)
One thing I ask, though, is that you are careful about talking about this in public settings. There are a couple of people from church that I work with, and at this time, they do not know about our plans. As I said earlier, I'm not planning on giving my notice until December, so I would like to keep it on the down low as best I can.
Thank you! Love you all!!!!

4 comments:

La said...

Oh my goodness! You were really holding out on me today at the store! Wow! That's so wonderful for you guys and sad for us. We'll miss y'all lots! =( I can't wait to hear all about the details of your ministry and what you will be doing. I'm not jealous at all that you will be living in Dallas. Not a bit. =)

I think you should post any big ticket items you are planning on selling along with the prices you want (not discounted prices) and letting all your bestest blogging friends have a chance to buy before the general public. We might even have some bidding wars and up the price. =) You work at Kirklands - I know your house must be full of pretty things!

I'm proud of you guys for taking the plunge!

Meems said...

I could not help but cry and pray in the Spirit as I read this. I am so proud of you guys for taking such a leap of faith. God will provide and will bless you for it. We will be following suit very shortly. Who knows, maybe we will be camper neighbors.

Yes, please give us first pick...

beautiful chaos said...

I feel like I'm livin on the edge just reading about it...
You guys are really operating in faith. You're like surgeons of faith you're operating so seriously.
That was verrryyy cheesy - but you knew what I meant.
Proud of you.
*twinkles in my eyes*

kablot spot said...

That is really cool. I see you added some Kari Jobe to your playlist... Aaaahhhh!!!! Love her!