Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Rainbow

It was nice to have rain last night. Other parts of the city had gotten some rain in the last week, but somehow it always eluded me.

It was still overcast quite a bit when I pulled onto the highway at 6:40 this morning. As the car rounded a bend, I was met with the beautiful sight of a portion of a rainbow. I looked for the rest of it, but all I could see was this fraction of what would be a huge arc.

But it was enough.

Enough to remind me that God keeps His promises.
Enough to make me take a breath and say, "Thank you, Lord."
Enough to make a good day even brighter.

It makes me sad when I see a man-made replica of a rainbow in whatever capacity, be it a picture, bracelet, keychain, etc., because I question the meaning behind it. Do they just like rainbows, or does it represent something the world has taken and attached it's own meaning to?

This morning that little flash of melded color was in its purest, unadulterated form from the hand of God. It was not jaded, twisted, or questionable. It was simply beautiful.

Thank you, Lord.

4 comments:

April said...

Amen to that. :)

kablot spot said...

I'm not sure how the promise of God came to represent a sinful lifestyle, but it is very sad to me as well. I guess the devil tries to pervert all God's promises. It's not a new MO.

kablot spot said...

My dsk has actually been in the same spot since I started. I had always thought it was odd placement and kinda ghetto that the cords were stretched across the walkway. I guess it was kind of hard to describe the setup.

Missy said...

I'm so glad we got to hang out at camp!!!