Sunday, June 1, 2008

one year ago...

I can't believe it's been one year since I started blogging!

I began this blog with the intent of using it as a pregnancy journal.

Click here for a reminder.

What a year this has been! I would never have believed you if you told me last year where I would be today.

Nothing is the same except for the love that I have for my heavenly Father, my husband, extended family and friends, and, of course, my dog. Most everything else has changed in one way or another.

No, we don't have a baby...yet.

But, we do have Ready Now. God has taken something that was a dream of ours and turned it into a reality. We are truly living our dream. God has provided for us in so many ways, it is amazing to us. He has opened doors and put people in our path that we may have otherwise never met.

What a mighty God I serve.
He is my provider.
I am in awe that he cares so much for me.

And the thing is...there is more in store!
It's not over yet!
How crazy is that?

I began this blog a year ago with an expectancy of new things to come.

At first, it made me a little sad. But when I began thinking and writing about the things God has done, it made me get out of that funk! Of course, I want to be a mom, and it's okay to be sad that I'm not. But it will not override the good that has taken place overall.

And I still have that expectancy.

6 comments:

Meems said...

What geniune, inspiring and true words.

It is so easy to focus on the negative aspects of our lives. We all have them. You have captured what I view as the key to a happy life. Focusing on the good.

crys said...

if only we could all focus on the positive...

i am so guilty of just the negative...

thanks for the wonderful words!

we miss you guys!

kablot spot said...

I'm still praying for you to get your baby. I had such a good time with you guys on Friday! We will definitely have to do it again soon.

I did notice that I got no more calls that night after we decided against a movie. I was glad we decided that so we could visitate!

beautiful chaos said...

I am glad you became a blogger!
I love so many things about you and I am sure I would not know you half as well if I couldn't read your diary!!
Happy Blogiversary!

rhondamarie said...

miss you girl....more than you know. my birthday just wasn't the same without you. everywhere i went there was always one chair empty. but i am so happy that God is blessing you and stretching you and growing you.

kdp said...

God is faithful. He Always is. I know All good things happen in time. Can't wait to get to see you. God always blesses in ways we don't for see. I am counting on it.

We are still waiting on God for our house to sell. It will happen soon. I can feel it. God is faithful.
Love ya,
kimmie