Wednesday, June 18, 2008

what to say...what to say.....

Wow!
I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted!

*We had our yearly inventory the 8th. It went really well. I don't want to say I was surprised at how well it went, but coming into a situation that hadn't been good, I didn't know what to expect. It was a relief!

*Last Friday we attended a funeral near Waco. One of my dear friend's mom passed away. Just about everyone in the family had a part of the service, in one way or another, whether it was through music or spoken word. It was really beautiful and honored her mom perfectly. Love you, Teesie!

*We spent Friday night in Temple and were able to have dinner with Neil, Janene, and their four kids. Some of you might remember that they came to San Angelo and went to church with us last year. Another couple that had come to visit us in San Angelo was Joel and Jessica. The first time they visited and came to church with us, they had no children. Well, Saturday we went to their son's second birthday party and got to see their baby girl for the first time! My, how time flies! It was really nice to be able to spend time with all of them...not enough time, though!

*On the way back home Saturday, we stopped at Camping World to pick up some supplies and look around. You would not believe some of those campers! They are nice, and have some pretty nice price tags to go along with it!

*Seph, I feel your pain in trying to cool down a house that has had the air off. It was the middle of the afternoon when we got home, so we knew it wasn't going to get cooled off anytime soon, so we worked outside for a couple of hours. We were so hot. I talked Dan into going to the pool. He's not a big fan of swimming, but I didn't really give him a choice, truth be told. So we went to Sonic for a drink, then off to the pool we went! It was just nice laying in the chairs by the pool, but I did get in for a little while. It felt so good. I don't think I've been in a pool since those water aerobic days, rhondiemarie! I tried pulling out some of those moves...Dan wasn't impressed. Oh well. It was nice, anyway! By the time we got home, it was nice and cool.

*One week from today Dan goes to camp for rec crew orientation. Then next weekend, we will be going to Livingston for an outreach project, then that next Monday CAMP STARTS!!!! I can't believe it's already time again!!!

Well, I guess that's all for now. I didn't realize I had so much to say!

2 comments:

kdp said...

it was good to hear from you again. i am glad that your store thingie went well. we are moving up there the 4th and 5th. i will give you a call, i would love to see you again.

kimmie

rhondamarie said...

guess what they have water pilates now....i'm still trying to figure out how they do it. not been brave enough to try them.