Friday, May 2, 2008

Why am I Here???

This has been the question that has gone through my mind more than once since I have been at this new store. And more than once have I questioned whether or not we made the right decision moving here or not.

I have had obstacle after obstacle with certain team members...assistants...in this store, and no matter how I tried to make things right (assuming the responsibility of the problem was mine), they just seemed to get worse. It began affecting me physically, as well, with the anxiety attacks.

I've finally come to the understanding that the battle is not mine, it is the Lord's. There are workings going on in the spiritual realm that are beyond my grasp...my control. Slowly, one by one, I am building rapore with each team member, and in doing so, I'm finding out that most of them have no clue about God. They know about Him, but do not know who He is. When I tell them about what we do with Fine Arts and all that, they are intrigued and want to know more, but are surprised that something that cool could be associated with church.

Wow.

The assistant that has given me the most trouble is one of them that my heart is the most broken for. I just don't understand some of the things that they think are okay. For example, and don't get me wrong and think that I'm all against tatoos. I think they are cool looking (within reason) on other people, but I choose not to have one. Back to the point...For example, my assistant's mom brought in her three year old neice to shop, and as they are walking away, I see something under the little girl's ponytail. She has a pretty big tatoo at the base of her neck...a three year old!! I just don't understand that at all. I haven't said anything, and I won't, but those are the things that open my eyes to the fact that this is different than my sheltered world. The forces at work here are on a grander, more powerful scale than my mere words or actions are capable of.

I see glimpses of it every day...the reason why I am here. I am not saying I'm the answer to the problems in Lake Worth. I'm not even the answer to the problems at Kirkland's in Lake Worth. But I understand a little better.

Please keep me in your prayers.

5 comments:

rhondamarie said...

wow....i'm more liberal than most regarding tattoos but i would never let my underage child get one. at three years old it makes me wonder if it was more for the mom than for the kid and one day she's gonna regret that. i'll be praying for you.

kdp said...

i can't even begin to imagine the pain that precious little baby felt while she was being given that tattoo. that is child abuse no matter how you spell it. adults can be sooooooooooo stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's one thing to choose that as an adult, but to have one put on a three year old is insane.

Sarah P. Henry said...

that can't possibly be legal. my goodness. i am praying for you.

kablot spot said...

pretty horrifying. I agree that it has to be child abuse. When she goes to school or to the doctor, they would probably have to report it.

Meems said...

That is so sad. I consider that to be child abuse. Tattoos hurt....praying.