Monday, February 28, 2011

Hot tea, anyone?


When I was growing up, I thought that hot tea was just another name for sweet tea that was poured over ice just before Sunday lunch after church.

The ice crackled as the tea was poured into the glass.

The first sip was a mingling of cold and warm, as the ice had not had time to cool off the whole glass yet.

Wait, what?
You mean there are people who don't drink iced tea?
They drink their tea HOT?!
That's weird.

...or so I thought.

I can say now that I have grown accustomed to a nice cup of hot tea every now and again. I wouldn't say it's something that I want on a daily basis, but it sounds good to me once or twice a week.

It's funny how things aren't so "weird" when you give them a try.

1 comment:

La said...

I'm all iced tea! If I'm going to have something hot it's going to be hot chocolate. My favorite right now is french vanilla with a little bit of whipped cream on top. Not the healthiest thing to have at night but it beats a big dessert that I might have otherwise! ;)