Monday, September 20, 2010

A First

Back in June, I joined a program called Slim 4 Life to lose weight. In Texas, I think they are primarily in the DFW area, but they are in other states as well.
I am not gonna lie, the program is hard. And costs money. In fact, I'm sure I would have probably quit already if I didn't have a "vested interest" in seeing it through.
But it works.
Of all the diets I have started and stopped, I have probably lost about 1000 pounds. But for the first time ever in my life, I have lost 50 consecutive pounds since June. Of course, there were days that I gained a couple of ounces here, or gained a pound there, but it always came back off.
I am so thankful for this opportunity. Every day I wonder why I didn't start and stick to something sooner. I think of all the time that I wasted being miserable. Don't get me wrong...I'm not finished. I still have quite a bit more to get to my goal, but every milestone is worth celebrating.
If you are miserable, don't wait anymore. Don't waste anymore time. I don't care if it's Slim 4 Life or Weight Watchers or Curves or counting calories on your iPhone or walking every day or whatever it is. It doesn't matter. Just do it. Today.
The results you see won't only be in your body, but also in the way you see things, the way you respond to problems, and the realization of the way you cling to things that "comfort" you.
It's a wild ride.
Well worth it.

Here are a couple of pictures. I'm just gonna first say that I H.A.T.E. the first picture. Not just because it's the "before" picture, but seriously, the only good thing about that picture of me were the three other people I cut out of it when I cropped it. Just saying.

7 comments:

Meems said...

Oh my goodness!!! As an emotional eater myself, I am soooo proud of you. You look great, but more importantly, I bet you feel really great about yourself and the accomplishment:)

kj said...

holy moly! that's amazing. great job!

La said...

You are looking so good! 50 pounds is a lot so I know you must have worked HARD! You go, girl! =)

April said...

You have always been beautiful, but it's great to see you HAPPY! It shows! Congrats and keep it up! :)

Nanna's Place said...

so proud of you....you look great. Can't wait to see you in November.

Janene said...

Teesa, you look so good! Congratulations on all the hard work and determination paying off. I'll pray that you continue to stay the course! You look MAHvelous!

rhondamarie said...

so very proud of you girlie!

can't wait to see u in november