Monday, September 27, 2010

Another First

When was the last time you had a HUGE smile on your face as you were trying on clothes?
Hmmmmm....yesterday!

After church, Dan and I just wanted to do some dreaming and have some fun. All my clothes are pretty big on me, so I've had to come up with some creative ways of 're-inventing" old outfits. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on clothes because I'm not staying in one size for very long. However, since I haven't bought a lot, I haven't really been sure what size I was at.

I haven't been able to shop at a regular department store in a couple of years. Okay, let's be real...probably the last ten years. Not even the plus size section in a department store. I had "moved on" to the extended sizes of the specialty shops. So it was a big deal yesterday when he asked me where I wanted to go try on clothes at, and I said, "Macy's." (Side note: I actually said Dillard's first, but we ended up going to Macy's. Totally not important...just free information.)

So, we went to the plus size section and I started picking up items. I chose a size that I didn't think I would be able to fit into, and...you know where this is going...all but two items fit! You have know idea how excited I was. I could not get the smile off of my face in that fitting room!

Another first, indeed!

(For perspective's sake, I'll just say that the last time I wore that size was circa 1996. Whoa.)

3 comments:

JAC said...

I am so very proud of you. I don't have words to tell you! Keep going.

Christal said...

You go! You are a beautiful person inside and outside, just saying...

Dawn said...

This post makes me smile too!