Saturday, February 2, 2008

Li'l Man Jacob

Crys, I hope you don't mind me sharing this story, but it's too cute not to!

We stopped by C's house last night, and right before we left, Dan and Jacob started playing cars. Jacob was standing on the couch facing the back, and Dan was behind the couch. The back of the couch was the "race track".

They sounded like they were having fun, so I walked around to the back of the couch and started playing along.

Evidently, this game was just for the boys, but Jacob was too polite to come out and say it.

His car fell behind the couch, so I picked it up and started racing it, as Dan had been doing. It got knocked off again, and Jacob crawls down from the couch and yells, "I'll get it!"

So he runs around the couch, picks up the car at my feet, turns around and says...
"Here, Dan!"

So, Dan and Jacob continue playing cars. I'm standing there with my hand on the back of the couch having fun (ahem) watching, when I feel my hand being run over by Jacob's car while he's making the car sound. Without missing a beat, this is what I hear:
"Vvvvvrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm, Vvvvvvrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm, move, Vvvvvvrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, Vvvvvrrrrmmmmmm."

At first I wasn't sure that's what I heard, but later on the way home, Dan confirmed to me that really happened. We have gotten several laughs out of that today.

I love that little boy.

1 comment:

crys said...

i never even heard him.

so cute!

he loves you guys!