Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tearful

Today has been an on-and-off tearful day.

I'm usually not that way.

I can have emotional times, don't get me wrong, but, for example, when I go to the movies with the girls and they have tears falling down their faces at the chick-flick (given kdp didn't pick the movie), I'm like blinking trying to squeeze out a tear or two that won't come even though I feel it on the inside.

Oh my goodness...that was the longest run-on sentence I've ever written in my life.

Today was different, though.

We had a store meeting this morning where I explained to my team members about what has been transpiring over the last several months, and I told them that the first Friday of February would be my last day in this store. They were all very sweet and encouraging to me, but I did get a little emotional.

Then worship this morning was amazing. If you weren't there, you missed a really sweet time of worship. Again...tears.

Then, you know, as many times as I've seen Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Ty Pennington can still get a few tears out of me. Sad, I know. I will have to say, though, if you can't shed some tears over a woman and her two kids who lost their husband/dad six months ago and are about to lose the family house and horse barn that get disabled people to ride horses as therapy because it's all starting to fall apart because there's no one to fix all the problems, then your heart really does need serious softening.

What is up with my grammar tonight???

Anyway...so that's been my day.

Good night.

3 comments:

kablot spot said...

That episode had some rough moments, and I pride myslf in the fact that I rarely cry over a television program or movie. (A heart of STONE, I tell ya! Actually, I get away tear free by diversion-- making fun of other people who are crying at them-- and never watching them alone.) Well, I hope you since cried yourself out yesterday that you laughed yourself happy today. If not, maybe tomorrow...

kablot spot said...

There's an interesting grammar situation for ya! That's what it is... a situation.

crys said...

to cheer you up...

jacob was watching toy story (surprise, surprise) on sunday. he gets to the part where jesse is sad and crying.

i said, "jacob, jesse is sad. she's crying."

he looks at me and says, "teresa's not sad."