Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eye Exam

I'm usually pretty good at passing exams, but not this one.

I'll be getting glasses.

I've picked them out and everything, but because of the insurance we have, it will be 3-4 weeks before I get them. They're pretty cute...I think I'll like them. I guess I'll have to post a picture when I get them.

Speaking of the insurance we have...
Don't believe the lady on the phone when you ask what the vision plan includes and she says $10 for the exam and $25 for either glasses or contacts. What she really means is $10 for the exam, the difference of the frames over $100, $25 for lenses (unless they are too thick for the frames, then it's an additional $25),$50 additional for transitional lenses, and the list goes on and on to the tune of $175. Don't get me wrong...I'm thankful for my insurance, I just have to laugh at the difference in what I paid when I thought I'd only be paying $35!!!

Oh! Dan's getting glasses, too...hehehe.

Yeah....we're getting old.

2 comments:

kablot spot said...

Welcome to the four-eye club. I joined about 2 years ago.

La said...

I'm a life-time member. And you're right - you get charged an extra arm and leg when you need coke bottle lenses and you also can't get them in one hour anywhere. They apparently have to have some big fancy schmancy high tech lab to create the glasses we almost blind people need. Makes you feel real good....