Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

Merry Christmas!!!!
We are at my parent's house in Lubbock, and it has been a special time.
Christmas Eve we had some shopping to do, so we ran into Lubbock to get that done...and it was snowing!!!!!
I love it when it actually feels like Christmas!
I snapped this picture outside my parent's house just before we went into Lubbock.

Christmas Eve is also my dad's birthday. I made him some pumpkin bread cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Mmmm....they were so good!
I wish I would have gotten a picture of all the snow on Christmas Day, but I was too busy sitting by the fire drinking an excessive amount of coffee! ;) We ate breakfast together, Dad read the Christmas story and had prayer, then we opened gifts. To see a very special gift, you can click here.
I honestly can't remember the last time that I was home for both his birthday and Christmas Day. Working retail pretty much dictates my holiday events, and even though I don't manage anymore, we can request time off but it's never guaranteed.
This year, I didn't even request any time off for Christmas. I was just waiting to see what I was scheduled then we would make our plans around that. I was surprised when she scheduled me off Christmas Eve. I had to close on that Friday, so we decided we would leave Friday night as soon as I got off work, drive all night so that we could spend Saturday and Sunday with my family. Then I would request to work late Monday so that we could leave early Monday morning. Makes for a long day, but it worked out well at Thanksgiving.
That was the plan.
Well, we got thrown a curveball.
One of our cousins passed away Wednesday before Christmas. The funeral is planned for Monday. When I found that out, I called to let my boss know, and it turns out she scheduled me off until Wednesday! When I asked her about it she said she knew I was going out of town for Christmas, so she wanted to give me some time to spend with my family. Little did she know that I would need that time so we could attend the funeral.
It always amazes me when God works in the details of life's curveballs.

1 comment:

Rachel Stout said...

That is awesome! I love it when things like this happen!