Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Snippits from Camp

Five weeks of camp is a long time...or so I thought. It flew by!
This was my first time to spend all five weeks with Dan out there, and I had an amazing time! My job was to, basically, keep us eating healthy. Because pretty much everything the camp serves is processed or fried, I would usually cook our entree in the nurse's station, which has a small kitchen. Then we would take it to the cafeteria and have salad or whatever sides they were serving.
I also spent the mornings cooking breakfast for everyone working in the nurse's station. Over the five weeks, they had a combination of eggs, bacon, toast, cinnamon toast, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes. Then I usually made cookies as a snack in the evenings. So not all of the cooking was healthy... ;)
Here is a video of a portion of worship from one of the weeks...week 5, I think. This is what it looks like when 1000+ people worship in spirit and truth.

No comments: