Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Minor Setback

I had a really good week at Slim 4 Life two weeks ago. I had lost 4.4 pounds and was only ounces away from 70 pounds, literally.
....And the closer I am to 70 means I'm that much closer to 75. (Dan promised me a surprise when I got to 75, FYI.)
I was super excited that Friday! I couldn't wait until I weighed in again on the Monday before retreat. I was thinking...could it be I would possibly be able to hit 75 before the retreat?
Um....NO.
I gained three pounds on that Monday weigh in!
THREE POUNDS!!!
Devastation. I really did not know how it happened. I mean, I had a bite off of Dan's plate, but that's not out of the ordinary. So I went back on Wednesday and had lost a pound of it.
Okay, I can deal with that.
Then Friday before I left for retreat I went to weigh in again.
I GAINED ANOTHER THREE POUNDS!
And I know I didn't cheat this time.
The only thing I can think of is that I had gone to work out and lifted weights before both of those weigh-ins. I don't think I'll be doing that again. I'll just stick to the cardio. Maybe that will work.
Anyway, I hated it because then that really meant that I had to be an angel at the retreat.
I can honestly say, I wasn't a complete angel, but I did not eat one square of chocolate or consume one iota off of that snack table. Not one bite.
The only thing I did have was a helping of the amazing chicken salad Shaunna made. Then one time I put some creamer in my coffee...but I made sure it was the sugar free kind. So that's not really cheating.
And it paid off!
I weighed in Monday morning and I lost 4.2 pounds! I think that trek Rhonda and I took up that steep hill probably had something to do with it, too!
The retreat was amazing, by the way.
Simply amazing.

2 comments:

rhondamarie said...

i'm so glad you had a good weigh in. you deserve it after being so good on retreat. i miss you :(

Dawn said...

You're my hero...Just sayin'...