Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Almost Over!!!

...this semester!!!

January seems so long ago, yet it has flown by! I'm taking four classes this semester: chemistry (which I'm holding a solid B in...YAY!), Texas politics (unless I bomb the final, I should get an A), technical writing (the biggest waste of time this semester, but again, unless I bomb my last presentation, I should get an A), and statistics (praying for a B).

Fine Arts is like two weeks away! There is SO much to do, so last week I went up to the district office to help Rachel after school. That will continue one or two days a week until Fine Arts is over.

We had a workshop in Texarkana last weekend. It went really well. Made some good connections with students and the youth pastor there. Dan will be going to Tyler this weekend for a workshop/rally there. If you remember, say a prayer for direction for us where Ready Now is concerned. That's really all I'll say about it. We just need direction.

Work is going pretty well. I only work one or two days a week, which is bad financially, but great for school. I will be taking a May-mester three week class after spring finals, then a class during the first summer session. Even though it will be hectic, I will also be working part time at the district office in the youth department. It is a temporary summer position to help Rachel with data entry for camp...and various other things, I'm sure. I'll probably still work for Kirkland's like one day a week. Will I ever be able to let it go??? Just kidding. Since this is a temporary position at the D.O., I don't want to totally give it up because I'll pick up more hours in the fall again. We'll see.....

And, yes, I know.....I totally fell off the wagon on updating you on our weight loss situation. We had to drop out of the Biggest Loser competition because of schedule conflicts with workshops. I have maintained my weight loss, but need to get back into the regimen. Dan, on the other hand, has been dropping weight like crazy. Since August, he has lost over 50 pounds! I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

beautiful chaos said...

That's great!

I never had ot go to school as a finincially independent adult. It seems nearly impossible!
You're amazing!