Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Biggest Loser

Some friends of ours at a different church invited us to participate in their Biggest Loser Challenge for eight weeks. We meet twice a week. Mondays we weigh in, work out, and have a team challenge. Then on Saturdays we have another team challenge and another workout. We are responsible to work out 2-3 days on our own and watch our food intake.

WOW.

My body is SO SORE!

It's a good thing, though, I know.

We team up with a partner that we don't live with to keep each other accountable and build a relationship with. There are a lot of people that are participating. Probably 60-70 people. We are divided up into two teams, each with a professional trainer. We start out together with stretching, then separate to different areas to have our team workouts, switch areas, then come together for the team challenge. Our team's trainer, Valerie, is deceptive.

She is super sweet.

Then she kills us.

I love her, though.

I had to work the night we started, so when I started on Saturday, there were only two days left before our first weigh in. I did lose a pound, though! So my first official weigh in will be Monday night. So far, I've been below my daily calorie intake and have worked out twice. Our team (The Red Team) won the weigh in challenge (weight loss and percentage) as well as the Team Challenge Monday night! We were super excited because we had lost the team challenge on Saturday and had to do the Circle of Death. That's probably what pushed us over the edge for the weigh in! haha

You know I'll keep you updated if the results are good.

If you don't hear from me however.....

Just kidding. I'll try to be good and post my results, whatever they may be.

5 comments:

La said...

Are you doing it at Trinity? It sounds like a lot of fun! I want to join. =)

ree said...

Yes, it is at Trinity! John Michael is the coordinator of it all. We'll let you join! It's not that far for you to come twice a week! ;)

marme said...

that is so cool! I will definitely be watching you! ;)

Wish we had something like that here.

ree said...

I would say that the only thing so far that we have used that you don't have at your church facility is the stairs at the gym. (Gotta love climbing stairs...or not!) Other than that, we have not used any equipment. There was a $30 fee to join, which goes toward the t-shirts and prizes. The trainers are donating their time, and they sure know how to make you hurt without using any equipment! There's no reason why someone there (besides you) shouldn't "feel lead" to start a Biggest Loser SAF!

La said...

oooohhhhhh, John Michael, huh? Tell him Lori has some old pictures of him that she was thinking of posting on facebook. Ask him if he would like to purchase them. =) hehehehe