Monday, January 18, 2010

Goodbye, Christmas break.....

Hello, spring semester!

As much as I have enjoyed being out of school, working part time, cooking, and being the occasional lady of leisure, it's time to go back to school.

Truth be told, I am looking forward to the routine. I tend to be more productive when I have a routine....and I am less prone to snacking.

Ah, there's the rub!

It took me three months to lose ten pounds last semester and about five weeks to put it plus five more back on! Evang-elastic-ly speaking, of course. I've not gotten on a scale but I can feel it. UGH!!!

So, since my classes are mainly in the mornings, getting out around noon, I will have coffee and a granola bar for breakfast. On days I will stay on campus to study or for my afternoon lab once a week, I will have carrots, string cheese, and an apple for lunch. This way, I am not spending money for lunch on campus and they do not require refrigeration or microwaving. Plus, I have my handy reusable water bottle that I fill with my Brita water system I started using last semester. I love that thing!

Dan and I will also be taking advantage of using the campus gym, although he is doing very well on his own. He's lost about 25 pounds. I'm so proud of him! He's looking good! We finally had to break down and buy him some new jeans because I told him that it looked like his jeans were gathered in the back because his belt was so tight.

So, that's our health care plan we'll be working on. As far as classes, I'll be taking the chemistry class I dropped last semester, statistics, technical writing, and Texas politics.

Here we go!!!

No comments: