Saturday, August 29, 2009

in case you didn't know....

...school is different in the 21st century than it was in the 20th century when I was as student the first time.

*Students bring laptops to class

*There is a Starbucks in almost every building (thank you, JESUS!)

*In some classes, students have to buy books as well as an access code for the website related to a particular class

*Professors actually post their lecture notes or power points onto the website so the students can print them out. This is so cool for the students (ahem, me) who try to write down everything they say, then miss out on the really important stuff because they are trying to remember what the prof just said because they couldn't write and listen at the same time!

*My first homework assignment had to be completed and submitted online. I hope I did it right and it's not lingering somewhere in the air between my computer and the school.

Overall, I think the first week of class went pretty well. Although, it was pretty light because labs don't start until next week. It was just lectures this week.

I think I pulled a muscle, though. I had all the books for my Monday classes in my shoulder book bag and carried the bag to all my classes on one shoulder. Then I alternated the shoulder bag and backpack the rest of the week. But every time I breath I have a sharp pain from my shoulder to my rib cage. The book bag is the only thing I can think of that would have caused it. It was pretty heavy.

Well, anyway, that's the week in review for this ol' school girl.

Go Mavs! :)

1 comment:

Meems said...

How exciting! Sounds way different from when I was in school too.