Friday, November 14, 2008

a variety pack of thoughts and pics from the retreat




*There is one picture that I didn't post. One of you knows which one it is.
Maybe one day...

*I was off work today. I did my share of nothing, but the day did not go by as a total waste. I did the dishes and sorted laundry this morning, then we went and washed clothes this afternoon. It's a good thing we did, or I would have had to go to work tomorrow nekkid, nekkid, nekkid! (Not really, I just had to work that into my blog somehow!) Then we topped off the evening with Chicken Express for dinner...yummy!

*I joked with marme at the retreat that the color of our shirts was a conspiracy for me to wear something burnt orange, which was hard to do. The only comfort I had was that my Red Raiders had already beat the Longhorns, so with that thought in mind, I wore the shirt. However, as we were doing laundry today, and I hung my JOY shirt to dry, Dan informed me that although he wasn't happy about the color, he didn't mind me wearing the shirt as long as I waited until after football season was over. =)

*The weather was so great today! It was a bit windy, but I loved hearing the sound of the leaves swirling about outside the house. I had the windows open so that I could feel the cool air...so nice.

*I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving!!! This year has flown by. Mom and Dad are coming up here, and we will spend Thanksgiving Day with our extended family on my Mom's side. It's our version of a family reunion.

*Dan unofficially has a "conventional" job for the holiday season. When it's official, I'll let you know.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

mari said...

Love the pics - can I steal a few?
I tried to already, but your slideshow site thingy said I couldn't...

ree said...

My email address is thinsonelliott@yahoo.com

Shoot me an email and I'll send some to you. I'll definitely send you the one of the "young 'ens" and the group picture, and just let me know if there are others you want as well!