Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Healthy Choices

This is my version of a stuffed bell pepper recipe I saw on Pinterest.

I took a red bell pepper (the colored ones were on sale at Kroger!) and cut out the core. I salvaged some of the "meat" from around the stem and diced it to go in the filling.
The diced pepper was added to a diced tomato, a few spinach leaves, three or four boneless, skinless chicken tenders and simmered in a couple tablespoons of water (which will cook out). Season to taste.
When the chicken was done, I shredded it then added it back to the pan with 1/4 cup brown rice (already cooked).
Once everything was added, it was stuffed into the red pepper and baked at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Yummo!!!

2 comments:

Rachel Stout said...

That looks AMAZING! You have now effectively put me in the mood for stuffed peppers!

Hyne Kristel said...

i was just blogwalking.. found this kinda interesting.. wanna try :) thanks for this.