Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Been CRAZY!!!

...so I'm just now posting what I should have posted earlier this week.

Last Friday was my birthday, and I got a new laptop! I am so pumped about it. So is Dan, mainly because I'm not using his. LOL! I actually received it before my birthday because my actual birthday was spent helping our friend Shelby Brown with her wedding!

Shelby's parents (Gaylord and Fredna Brown) are missionaries to Malawi, Africa. They were able to come home before Thanksgiving and I think are supposed to go back sometime this month. Before they came home, we had met with Shelby and Josh about what they wanted for the wedding and reception. Josh is the children's pastor at the church where the wedding was held. The sanctuary is absolutely GORGEOUS. It did not need much decorating at all, so the majority of the work was done on the reception. Shelby isn't extravagant, but she has great taste. The reception was held in the gym, so the trick was to make it to where it didn't look like a gym with some tables and a couple of cakes set up. I think, overall, it turned out well. Her colors were orange and gunmetal grey. I will admit, I had my doubts about the color choices at first, but it really came together nicely.

We were so busy, I was not able to get a lot of pictures, but I took a few of the reception decor. The first few pictures are from the sister of the bride's collection of pictures. The last couple of pics are some end-of-the-day-crazy-type pictures of the brother of the bride and one of the bridesmaids.

Mr. and Mrs. Josh Denman and wedding party.

The cake topper was custom ordered from Italy. Too cute!


It didn't come out well in the picture, but the lanterns were a mingling of solid orange and solid white.





Caleb couldn't help but hit the sauce after the reception. :)

Take one down, pass it around......

No comments: