Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bullets!

Here ya go...

*Life after the holidays is wonderful. Things just seem so much more manageable without double frieght, double inventory, double staff...double stress!!!

*The first weekend in February will be our one year mark here in Arlington! I can't believe how fast it has gone! This last year has definitely been an educational year with Ready Now. We have been through highs and lows and questioned whether or not we did the right thing. God has been faithful through it all. Every weekend in February and March except for two are booked. We also have some bookings in April, along with evaluating Fine Arts competitions for two other districts. Thank you, Jesus!

*So....I'm officially addicted to Facebook. There, I admitted it.

*I would appreciate your prayers for a decision I have to make. I am looking into going back to school. The thing is that I would not be able to continue managing for Kirkland's if I pursue this, as managing for them requires me to have an open availability at all times. To begin in the fall, I have to have financial aid forms turned in by April 1st. So, I will begin this process and see where it takes us!

*Incidentally, some of you would be amused to know that the school I have been looking at the most is the University of Texas at Arlington. Sorry, Texas Tech...I really am...

*Mom and Dad are suffering for the Lord this week in the mountains of Red River, NM, at the West TX minister's breakaway.

*As stressful as the holidays were (yes, I realize I'm jumping around...my apologies) I am proud to say that MY store, for the first time in any store I've worked at thus far, was number ONE in my district for highest percentage sales over our goal for the month of January, the month of December, and for the quarter. For the year, we are number four. Tuesday I found out that we also won our district contest for the most percentage of clearance sold in a two week period. Contrary to what my district team leader believes, we are doing well at something!

That's about it for now.
Love to all of you.
I miss my friends.

4 comments:

JAC said...

I'm enjoying FB very much! Hearing from folks I have not heard from in YEARS and years! Hope all is well with you all - still miss you!

Sara the crazy red headed girl said...

hey guess what im addicted to facebook too

kdp said...

i am so excited you are contemplating school. let me know if you need any help.

let's get together next sat. i thing we have something to do at church next friday. we will talk.

April said...

Freaking Facebook. I thought it was soooo dumb at first, but now I'm addicted too. Pffft.